DRIVING LICENSE TELANGANA | After much struggle and debate, Telangana was formed as a state in India in June 2014. A lot of rules and regulations were framed to make this new state function better. The state also has well-defined rules that must be followed when a person applies for a driving license.
We all are aware that in India, driving without a valid license is an offence. You can be punished if you are caught driving on the roads of Telangana without a valid driving license. Holding a driving license gives an individual the freedom to drive his vehicle anywhere in India.
The Telangana Government makes it necessary for an individual to obtain a driving license to be able to drive a motor vehicle in the public areas of the state.
Thanks to the internet! Applying for a driving license has become very easy across the world. This is no different in Telangana. Applying for a DL is very simple, not time-consuming, and an easy process in this state.
Securing a Driving Licence (DL) for yourself in the state of Telangana is quite an easy task if you know exactly how to go about the application process. It must be noted here that getting a valid driving license is mandatory in case you wish to use a motor vehicle on the public roads of the Telangana state.
The Telangana RTO is given the responsibility of issuing a driving license and providing other services related to it. The Telangana driving license can be obtained by making an application to the RTO and passing the driving license test.
An application for a driving license in Telangana can be made after 30 days or within 180 days from the issuance of the learning license. Passing the driving license test is necessary to obtain a Telangana driving license. An individual can follow the process mentioned below for obtaining a driving license in Telangana.
In this post, we tell you how to obtain a driving license in Telangana and also give you the process of getting an international driving permit and the procedure to renew the driving license in Telangana (TS).
What are the different types of DRIVING LICENSE TELANGANA?
Depending on the type of vehicle you want to operate, you must apply for a driver’s license from one of three categories. The three types of driver’s licenses are listed below:
- Driving license for 2-wheeler without gear: This is for when you are riding a scooter or moped that does not require manual gear shifting.
- Driving license for Light Motor Vehicle (LMV): This driver’s licence is for people who need to operate a two-wheeler with manual gears or a Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) such as automobiles, SUVs, or MPVs.
- Driving license issued for transport vehicles: If you want to drive commercial cars to move products or passengers, you need to apply for a driver’s licence issued for transport vehicles.
What is the eligibility Criteria for Obtaining a Driving License in Telangana?
To obtain a driving license in Telangana, you must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned below.
- Individuals seeking a light motor vehicle licence must be at least 18 years old.
- A driver’s licence for a commercial vehicle must be held by someone who is at least 20 years old.
- An individual must be 16 years old to get a driver’s licence for a motor vehicle with an engine capacity of less than 50cc.
- The applicant for a driver’s licence should be familiar with traffic laws and regulations.
- Applicant must first obtain your learner’s permit before you may apply for a permanent one
- Applicants must have had their learners permit for a minimum of 30 days, but not more than 180 days, before applying for a permanent driving licence (DL).
What are the documents required in Telangana to Obtain a Driving License?
To obtain a driving license in Telangana, you must submit the following documents to the Telangana RTO.
- Form 4 of the application
- Form 5: Application for a Commercial Driver’s License
- An Rs. 200 application fee is required.
- A cost of Rs. 50 is charged for the driving licence test.
- Learning licence
- Recent passport-sized photos are required.
- Voter ID, passport, Aadhar card, LIC insurance bond, PAN card, and other age and address proving papers
How to Apply for a Driving licence in Telangana?
The Telangana driving license may be obtained either online or offline using the procedure described below.
How to apply online for a driving licence in Telangana?
- Go to aptransport.in/tgcfstonline/ for further information.
- Click on fresh driving licence
- Complete the form with the needed information.
- You must upload the documents online.
- Reserve a DL time slot online.
- You must appear for the driving test on the scheduled day and time.
- The candidate receives a driving licence after passing the test.
What is the procedure for obtaining a Driving Licence Offline in Telangana?
- Visit the Telangana RTO.
- Get an application form.
- Fill out the form.
- Submit the completed form, along with supporting documents, to the RTO office.
- You must pay the application costs.
- Make a reservation for the driving test.
- To take the test, go to the RTO.
- The candidate receives a driver’s licence after passing the driving test.
How to Check the Status of Your Driving License Application Online?
How to check the status of your driver’s licence online at the State Transportation Department’s website?
You may check the status of your DL application using any of the two ways listed here. One of these options is to check the status on the official website of the Department of State Transportation. Another option is to check the status on the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway’s website. The process for the first method is as follows:
- Step 1: Go to the Telangana State Transport Department’s website.
- Step 2: Select the ‘DL and LL registration’ option.
- Step 3: Select ‘Know your application status.
- Step 4: Fill in your application number and click the “Submit” button.
- Step 5: Examine the status displayed on your screen.
How to check the status of your driver’s licence online at the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ official website?
- Step 1: Navigate to parivahan.gov.in.
- Step 2: Select ‘Driving license-related services’.
- Step 3: Choose the state where you live.
- Step 4: On the newly loaded screen, select the ‘Verify status’ option.
- Step 5: Type in your application number and birthdate.
- Step 6: Fill in the proper captcha code.
- Step 7: The status of your driver’s licence will be displayed.
What is the procedure to apply for a duplicate driver’s licence in Telangana?
What are the Documents needed to apply for a duplicate driver’s licence in Telangana?
If you need to apply for a duplicate driving license in Telangana, you must provide the following documents to the RTO-
- Application form LLD
- FIR copy if the DL is stolen
- Challan clearance report issued by traffic police in case of commercial driving license
- Form 1
- Copy of Age Proof and Address Proof
- Copy of Original licence
- License number if the license is stolen
- You will be required to get the photocopies of the documents attested by a gazetted officer or notary
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s License in Telangana?
Following the procedures below, you may apply for a duplicate driving license in Telangana after submitting the required documents.
- Step 1: Submit the completed LLD form to the RTO.
- Step 2: Pay Rs. 200 as a charge.
- Step 3: If the verification is successful, a duplicate driver’s licence will be issued.
- If you cannot recall your driver’s licence number, you will have to acquire a new one.
- Additionally, you must apply for a duplicate DL within 30 days after the document’s loss.
In Telangana, how do you renew your driver’s licence?
The Non-Transport Vehicle Driver’s License is valid for 20 years or until the bearer reaches the age of 50. (Whichever of these is earlier). Following then, the License must be renewed every five years. The driving license for a transport vehicle, on the other hand, is only valid for three years from the date of issue or renewal.
In Telangana, the following documents are necessary for the renewal of a driving licence:
- Form 9 has been filled.
- A copy of the driving licence that has expired.
- If the driver is over 40 years old, a medical certificate and Form 1 A are required.
- two passport-size photos
- Age and address proof copies that have been self-attested.
- An application fee of Rs.200/- is required, as well as a receipt.
How to Apply for a Telangana Duplicate License:
- Step 1: Go to the RTO website and click on the Renewal tab.
- Step 2: Apply for a renewal of your Telangana smart card driving licence and pay the fee of Rs.200.
- Step 3: To expedite the request, submit the required papers. You will be given a new driving licence as soon as the documents are verified.
What is the Offline Procedure?
- Step 1 of the offline procedure is to obtain the form from the RTO.
- Step 2: Fill out the form and submit it to the RTO along with the required documents.
- Step 3: Following the verification of the papers, the applicant’s licence will be renewed on the same day.
What is the Online Procedure?
- Go to the Telangana government’s official transportation website.
- Print the form after downloading it.
- Take the completed form to the RTO office, along with the required documents.
- A driver’s licence will be granted when the papers have been verified.
In Telangana, how can you apply for an international driver’s licence?
Any of the state’s RTOs can issue you an international driving license. The international driving permit is only valid for one year, and while there is no exam to get it, you must have a permanent driver’s license to apply.
What are the documents necessary for obtaining an International Driving License in Telangana?
- Valid proof of citizenship
- Copy of a valid driver’s licence, passport, and visa, attested
- Authenticated copy of a legal proof of residency
- 5 passport-sized photographs
- Medical Form 1-A
How to Apply for a Telangana Duplicate License:
- Go to the RTO website and click on the Renewal tab.
- Apply for a renewal of your Telangana smart card driver’s licence and pay the Rs.200 renewal fee.
- Submit all required documentation. Your new driver’s licence will be issued as soon as your documents are verified.
Telangana’s Driving Test Procedure:
A Motor Vehicle Inspector monitors all driving tests conducted by the RTO to issue a permanent driving license, as is the case across the country. To appear in the test, the applicant must have his vehicle. If an applicant does not own a vehicle, then they may use the driving school’s vehicle.
Two-Wheeler and Three-Wheeler Test:
Those who have applied for a two-wheeler license must ride the vehicle inside a boundary and draw an “8” figure without striking the corner poles. The inspector will also examine how easily you can shift gears and maintain vehicle control in corners. If the applicant convinces the inspector, he is permitted to take a road test in which he or she must ride safely for a certain distance on a public road.
Test for a Four-Wheeled Vehicle:
The nature of a four-wheeler driving exam is mostly identical to that of a two- or three-wheeler. The applicant must, however, drive along the designated ‘H’ without hitting the columns in this case. After the candidate has passed the test with his or their driving abilities, he or she must drive safely for a short distance on a public road. If an applicant fails one or both of the exams, a re-test is scheduled within seven days for a nominal fee.
Tips for Passing Your Driver’s Exam:
- Prepare ahead of time so that you are confident in your driving abilities.
- For the test, arrive a bit early.
- Wait until the bike or automobile has come to a complete stop before turning it off.
- Shift gears with ease.
- While biking, use both side and rear mirrors.
- Show an indication and a hand signal when turning.
- The driving test should not exceed 15 minutes.
- An RTO officer will be present to assess your driving skills. They will sit behind you in the car while you are driving to examine the clutch and gear action.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the validity of a Telangana commercial driver’s licence?
In Telangana, a commercial driving license is valid for three years.
In Telangana, how can I check the status of my driving licence?
You may check the status of your DL application on the State Transportation official website or even the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway’s website.
Is it essential to take a driving test to obtain a Telangana driving licence?
Yes, passing the driving test is required to obtain a driving license in Telangana.
Is it possible to obtain a Telangana driver’s licence application form online?
Yes, you must be physically present at the RTO to give the driving test, even if you choose to obtain the application form from the official website.
In Telangana, can I get a driver’s licence for more than one vehicle class? Yes
Yes, in Telangana, you may acquire a driver’s license for more than one vehicle type.