DELHI RATION CARD | A ration card is a document issued by the Department of Food, Supplies, and Consumer Supplies that seeks to offer subsidized food and supplies to inhabitants of the nation. The Delhi ration card is also a crucial document for proving one’s identification in Delhi and around the country. This page will explain the qualifying requirements, papers needed, the application process, and how to change the details on your existing ration cards, such as your name or residence.
Read In Hindi: Delhi Ration Card List 2021 पात्रता, पंजीकरण, डाउनलोड
2020 Delhi Ration Card List
Applicants are not required to visit a government office to check the list. They can check the list of ration cards by visiting the website and following the steps outlined below.
- Click on the “e-Services” option in the navigation bar.
- Select the “e-Ration card” link.
- Navigate to the “Village list” tab.
- Check and pick the appropriate district, Taluk, Gram Panchayat, and Village, then click the “Go” button.
- On your screen, you will see a list of all the ration cards in the specified hamlet.
Eligibility for a Delhi Ration Card
- BPL ration card is issued to persons living below the poverty line.
- APL Ration card are issued to those who are over the poverty level but below the middle class.
- AAY ration card is distributed as part of the Antyodaya Yojana to those who are financially poorer than other classes of people.
- AY Ration Card are distributed to those living below the poverty level.
Documents Required for an Application for a Delhi Ration Card
The applicant must present the following papers to apply for a ration card in Delhi, whether online or offline:
- A passport-sized photo of each family member confirmed by a Gazette Officer
- A telephone bill
- a bank passbook
- electricity bills
How Do I Get a Delhi Ration Card?
Procedure for Applying Offline
If you are a Delhi resident and want to apply for a new ration card, you must follow the processes outlined below:
- The applicant must go to the official website, download the new ration card application form, and take a printout of it.
- After obtaining the printout, he or she must complete the application form with the necessary information.
- Applicants must next submit the ration card application form together with the necessary papers for verification.
- After you submit your application, you will be given a reference number that you may use to monitor the status of your new ration card.
Procedure for Applying Online
- Go to the official website of the Delhi Government’s Department of Food.
- When you click on the Food Security part of the website, the application form will appear on the screen.
- The candidate must provide the essential information in the right format and submit supporting documents.
- Once all of the papers have been uploaded and the application form has been completed, click the submit button.
- The ration card application number can be written down and used to follow the status of the ration card application.
How Can I Check the Status of My Ration Card Online?
Applicants can check the progress of their ration card application online by completing these steps:
- Go to the Department of Food, Supplies, and Consumer Goods’ official website.
- Look at the ‘Citizen’s Corner’ area on the right side of the screen.
- From the list of alternatives, choose the ‘Track Food Security Application.’
- After selecting the choice, the applicant must provide the following information:
- Aadhaar number
- New ration card number
- NFS application ID and Online Citizen ID
- Old Ration Card Number
How to Download Delhi Ration Card?
The procedures to get the e-ration card from the website are as follows:
- Go to the official website of the Delhi Government’s Department of Food, Supplies, and Consumer Affairs.
- Look at the “Citizen Corner” area on the homepage.
- Select the option to produce an e-card.
- Enter the necessary information, such as the ration card number, the Aadhaar number of the head of the family/NFS ID, the head of the family’s date of birth, and the registered mobile number provided at the time of registration.
- Press the ‘Submit’ button.
- When finished, the e-ration card will be shown on the screen and may be downloaded by selecting the ‘download’ option.
How Do I Make Changes to My Delhi Ration Card?
If any adjustments to your ration card are required, the applicant must file a complaint on the internet. The following steps must be taken:
- Go to the department’s official website.
- On the homepage, navigate to the Grievance section.
- Enter information such as the village name, grievance type, applicant address, applicant email ID, Panchayat name, and so on.
- After that, describe the problem in the comments area and attach any necessary papers.
- Select ‘register.’
- You will be given a complaint number, which you may use to follow the status of your complaint.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to create a new ration card?
After completing the application form together with all supporting paperwork, which may be done either offline or online, the new ration card will be given within 15 days of the papers being successfully verified.
What documents are necessary for a ration card?
The following documents are necessary while applying for a new Delhi ration card:
Passport Size Photograph
The Aadhar Card
What is the official website of the Delhi Government’s Department of Food for applying for a Delhi Ration Card?
To apply for a ration card, the applicant must first visit the official website, www.nfs.delhi.gov.in, and download the application form.
If a person does not have a Delhi ration card, is he or she eligible for subsidised food?
The Delhi government has established a special plan to give discounted food grains and other goods to city residents who do not have a ration card.