ASSAM RATION CARD | The Assam Government provides ration cards to selected families in the state under the Public Distribution Scheme (PDS) of the Nation Food Security Act, 2013. A ration card is a document that allows households with low income (as assessed by the PDS) or living below the poverty line to obtain food grains at a reduced cost. In Assam, ration cards are currently distributed under the NFSA Scheme.
How to View the Assam Ration Card List for 2022
The Assam ration card list 2020 is available online. The following are the steps you must take:
- Go to the official website: Official of the Assam Public Distribution System
- Pick a name for your district.
- You’ll then be sent to the Tehsil name page. Choose your Tehsil.
- When you click on the Tehsil name, you’ll get a list of all the village names.
- Following the selection of your village name, a list of all Assam ration cards 2020 will be displayed.
Documents Required for Assam Ration Card Application
The following are the documents you will need to present when applying for a ration card:
- A copy of your voter id as evidence of your name as it appears on the voter list • Birth certificates for any minor members of your family
- Copy of land revenue pay/tax pay receipt
- Address evidence (bank passbook/license/telephone driver’s bill/electricity bill)
- Your transfer certificate from the FCS & CA authority
How to apply for Ration Card in Assam?
To apply for a ration card, go to the nearest Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs branch office.
- Go to the PDS website: PDS Portal.
- Select “In States” from the “PDS stakeholder” drop-down menu.
- After selecting “District Food and Supply Officer,” click on “FPS Dealers.”
- Select the state by clicking on it.
- You will be redirected to a new window. Select the district and block/Tehsil from the drop-down menus.
- Then select “see the report.”
- You may search for “department” and find contact information on every district website.
- The application form can then be obtained by visiting the office.
- Please complete the application form completely.
- Attach copies of all needed papers to your application and submit them.
- The relevant authorities will check your application and papers and will give you a receipt for the application.
- If there are no objections to your application, you will get your ration card in the mail within a few weeks.
How to Change Your Address in Your Assam Ration Card?
To update the address on your ration card, you must submit your original ration card as well as one of the following documents:
- Election identity card
- Photo identification
- Driver’s license
- PAN card
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What information do I need to include on my ration card?
The following information will be put on your ration card: the name of the head of the family and immediate family members, as well as their relationship to the head of the family, your date of birth, residence, and occupation.
How long would it take for my ration card to be processed?
Your ration card will be processed within 2-3 weeks once your application and documentation have been confirmed by the appropriate authorities.
Is the Assam ration card transferable to another state?
According to the PDS, there is no facility for using the Assam ration card in any other state in India.