pmkisan.gov.in | To make the lives of people better in India, the Central Government has launched various schemes under the tagline Pradhan Mantri Yojana. One such scheme is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) which aims to financially support the small and marginal farmers with assured income. The economically weaker farmer families with cultivable land up to 2 hectares will be given financial support at the rate of Rs.6000 per year. The amount is paid in three installments for four months, i.e., Rs.2000 per installment.
Launched on 01 December 2018, the (PM-KISAN 2023) program aims to fulfill the financial needs of SMFs and provide resources for better crop quality and rewarding yields concerning the output of every crop cycle. It is fully funded by the central government and implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Latest News
PM Kisan 8th Installment Date 2021 | On May 14, an amount of Rs.19000 crore of rupees have been released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the 8th installment of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana for the beneficiaries of 9.5 crore families of farmers. MP Kisan App 2024 से गिरदावरी खुद ऐसे करे | Download Online
A total of Rs 6000 is given annually to the farmers in three equal installments of Rs 2000 as assistance to improve the lifestyle of farmers under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. This amount is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries under the DBT scheme.
Farmers can use the PM Kisan Scheme Mobile App to check the status of the payment online. At present, there are around 11.74 crore beneficiaries of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KSNY).
What are the Key Points to Remember in Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
Following are the key features of PM-KISAN Yojana
- The candidates who qualify to apply for the PM-KISAN scheme shall be the spouses or children of a farmer.
- The funds will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of farmers or their children.
- The farmers who have received grants under the exclusion criteria of the operational guidelines will not receive the beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- To avail of the PM-KISAN scheme, the candidate needs to approach the nodal officer/local patwari/revenue officer appointed by the state government.
- For the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana registration, the candidates can also visit the Common Service Centers (or CSCs) and pay a small fee.
- For the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana registration, candidates can visit the Farmers’ Corner in the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana portal to register themselves online.
- To modify their details in the database of the PM-KISAN program, candidates can make use of their Aadhaar Card and visit the Farmer’s Corner through the Farmers’ Corner in the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana portal.
- The Farmers’ Corner in the portal also depicts the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’s status of payment and funds for future use.
What is the Objective of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana? pmkisan.gov.in
Following are the objectives of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- To elevate the returns from the agriculture sector and farming by increasing the prices of agricultural commodities in international markets and increasing food inflation in India. In simple words, to increase the economic growth of India.
- To increase the overall income of SMFs.
- To provide financial aid to get the best farming tools and resources such as seeds, fertilizers, farming equipment, Labour, etc.
- This scheme does not facilitate landlords of the farms hence it will benefit the small farmers more efficiently.
- To reduce poverty, ensure food security for all, and make the farmers independent.
What are the Eligibility Criteria to Apply for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
- Farmers applying for the PM-KISAN Yojna must be Indian citizens and belong to any Indian State.
- The candidates must have a savings bank account or a Jan-Dhan Account for procuring the funds from the scheme.
- Candidates can be Multi-tasking staff, Class IV, and Group D government employees.
- Candidates shall not have a landholding size greater than 2 hectares.
Who is excluded from the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Beneficiary List?
Following is the list of categories that are not eligible to benefit from the PM-KISAN yojana according to Wikipedia:
- All institutional landholders are excluded.
- Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to the following categories:
- Former and current holders of constitutional posts.
- Former and current Ministers/ State Ministers and former/current members of the Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and current Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government and regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees).
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is ₹10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of the above category.
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects are registered with Professional bodies and carry out their profession by undertaking practices.
What are the Documents Required for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi New Registration?
Candidates need to submit the following documents to avail the benefit of the PM-KISAN Yojana
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of Citizenship
- Documents substantiating ownership of land
- Details of bank account
How To Apply For PM Kisan New Registration?
- The candidates can visit the nearest CSC (Common Service Centers) and register themselves for the PM-KISAN Yojana Apply by paying a small fee.
- To avail of the Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, the candidate can also approach the nodal officer/local patwari/revenue officer appointed by the state government.
PM Kisan Online Registration
- Candidates can directly apply for the scheme by filling out the application form online available on the official Farmer’s Corner of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana portal, PM Kisan Website pmkisan.gov.in/.
- Fill up the details of your state, district, sub-district, block, and village.
- Then select the ‘Get Report’ options and see if your name is on the PM KISAN List of beneficiaries or not.
How to Check PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Beneficiary Status in 2023?
Here are the steps you can check your PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Beneficiary Status: PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Official Website pmkisan.gov.in
- Visit the official Farmer’s Corner of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Portal – PM Kisan Gov IN.
- Select the ‘Beneficiary Status’ (Farmer Application Status) option under Farmer’s Corner.
- Enter the registered Aadhaar number, registered mobile number, or registered account number.
- Fill up the details of your state, district, sub-district, block, and village.
- Then select the ‘Get Report’ options and see if your name is on the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Beneficiary List or not.
All Small and Marginal Farmers can benefit from the PM-KISAN Yojana by visiting the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Official Website. They can even download the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi App from the Play Store.
Are the scheme benefits allowed in cases where the transfer of ownership of cultivable land takes place on account of succession due to the death of the landowner?
Yes. The Scheme benefits will be allowed in all such cases where the transfer of ownership of cultivable land has taken place on account of succession due to the death of the landowner.
Does any person/farmer who is not having landholding in his name is eligible to get benefits under the Scheme?
No, Landholding is the sole criterion to avail of financial benefits under the Income Support Scheme.
What will happen if the beneficiary gives an incorrect declaration for the implementation of the Scheme?
In case of incorrect declaration, the beneficiary shall be liable for recovery of transferred financial benefit and other penal actions as per law.
What is the remedy available for an eligible beneficiary if his/her name is not included in the list of beneficiaries?
All such farmer families whose names are not included in the list of beneficiaries can approach the District Level Grievance Redressal Monitoring Committee in their districts for the inclusion of their names in the beneficiary list.
If the holding of a family is up to 2 hectares and is in the names of different members of the family, whether they are eligible for the benefits?
Yes. If within a landholding farmer family, cultivable land is in the names of different family members, in such cases, the land will be pooled for determination of eligibility. The payment will be given to the person within the family having the highest quantum of land. If the quantum of land owned by two or more individual family members is the same, payment will be transferred in the name of the eldest member of them the farmer’s family.