Kerala ration card provides access to food and grains at a reduced cost to all people in the state of Kerala who belong to the poorest strata of society. The ration card is a document that certifies which families in the state are qualified to obtain food grains at a reduced price. The ration card is a vital document that is issued by the state’s Civil Department to various households and also acts as a document that may be used as evidence of identification in the nation.
Read In Hindi: Kerala Ration Card पात्रता, पंजीकरण, डाउनलोड 2021
This page attempts to provide information on the application process for a Kerala ration card, as well as the qualifying requirements and papers necessary for the procedure.
Eligibility for a Kerala Ration Card
Applicants in the state of Kerala who desire to apply for a ration card must ensure that they are qualified for the card. The major qualifying criteria for the ration card are: • The applicant must be an Indian citizen; and • The applicant’s household must not have any other form of ration card issued by the state.
Types of Kerala Ration Card
Kerala’s people are issued three sorts of ration cards by the state government.
- Antyodaya Yojana, Anna: In the state of Kerala, this ration card is distributed to the less fortunate members of society. Under this programme, the applicant and his or her family would get 35kg of necessary commodities, such as rice or wheat, at no cost.
- Priority: Under the Priority Scheme, ration cards will be distributed to residents of the state who fall below the poverty threshold. Grain weighing 5kg will be distributed free of charge to all members of the household who have a ration card. The 5kg of food grain provided in this plan will contain 4kg of rice and 1kg of wheat.
- Non-Priority Subsidy: This programme provided by the Kerala government is available to residents of the state who are over the poverty line. The fundamental commodity covered by this programme is 2kg of rice, which is distributed to all family members.
Documents Required for a Kerala Ration Card Application
To apply for a Kerala ration card, you must provide the papers listed below, along with a completed application form.
- Voter ID card
- One photograph
- Driver’s license
- Any government-issued photo ID card
The applicant will also be required to provide proof of residency, which might be any of the documents listed below:
- Electricity bill
- Applicant’s bank passbook
- Most recent mobile phone bill
- Cancelled or outdated Ration card
- Rental agreement
How to apply for a Kerala Ration Card
In Kerala, applicants can apply for a ration card both offline and online. If an applicant does not have an internet connection, he or she can apply for a ration card using an offline option, such as the Akshaya Centre or the state’s TSO and DSO centres. Applications for ration cards can also be made online through the Civil Department of Kerala’s official website.
The following procedures must be taken in order to apply for a ration card from the Akshaya Centre:
- Go to the Akshaya centre that is closest to you.
- At the centre, you will need to fill out the application form and submit it with the appropriate papers for verification.
- If the applicant already possesses a Kerala ration card, it must be presented with the application form.
- The documents and application form will be extensively scrutinised by the authorities present at the centre, and a digital image of the applicant will be taken.
- The applicant will then be asked to pay a fee for the ration card application, as well as any other relevant costs.
The following are the procedures to take in order to apply for a ration card at the local TSO or DSO centre:
- Pay a visit to the local TSO or DSO office.
- The applicant must then apply for a new ration card and pay the application cost to the officer in attendance.
- The applicant must thoroughly fill out the application form and submit it to the officer together with the relevant papers.
- After the papers are confirmed, the ration card will be mailed to the applicant’s official address. A fresh ration card can be obtained in as little as 15 days.
The following actions must be taken in order to apply for a ration card online:
- Go to the Civil Department’s official website.
- Select ‘New Ration Card’ if the applicant requires a new ration card.
- In the event of an application for an old ration card, the applicant must submit the barcode number of the old ration card while filling out the application form.
- The applicant must complete all of the information requested on the application form.
- Once completed, the applicant must submit the application and click on the activation link to complete the process.
- Once the activation procedure is complete, the applicant will be able to access the website using his or her login ID and password.
In the event of a new application, the applicant may select from the alternatives provided on the website.
- Applicants are required to upload the full paper in PDF format.
- Before submitting an application, it must be thoroughly checked.
- Print the application form and save a physical copy for later verification.
- Once completed, the application form and all relevant papers must be sent to a TSO centre.
- There is an application fee that must be paid at the centre.
- Once completed, the documents and application are forwarded to an external authority for verification.
- The inspection of the details is completed within 30 days of the application date.
- If the application is approved by the authorised official, an email will be issued to the applicant.
- In the event of rejection, the applicant will be notified in writing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the procedure for checking the status of a ration card application?
Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications by signing in to their account on the Civil Department of Kerala’s website. They may check the status of the application by clicking on the option. The application must be processed within 15 days at the very least.
Is it possible to make changes to the ration card?
Yes, the information on the ration card can be altered. The applicant must go to the TSO office closest to him or her and inform the authorities of the modifications that need to be made. To make modifications, the necessary paperwork must be filed to the office. Changes to the ration card can be made once they have been validated.
What sorts of ration cards are available to residents of the state of Kerala?
In Kerala, there are three types of ration cards: Priority ration cards, Non-Priority Subsidy ration cards, and Antyodaya Anna Yojana ration cards.